An easy, airy maxi dress is a quintessential summer staple for lazy beach days and fun in the sun. But just because the temperature drops, doesn’t mean that you have to shelf your dress for winter hibernation. Sport this summer staple well into fall by pairing it with a few transitional pieces and autumn-inspired accents.
1. Start with a basic maxi dress like the Wilfred Free Bruni Dress ($60), available at Aritzia.
2. Mona Sultan Le Carré Sheer in Pink Diamond Scarf, $165 – Keep cozy on a breezy fall day with a lightweight jersey, cashmere, silk, chiffon, or cotton scarf.
3. Aldo Salazie Bootie, $140 – Swap summer sandals for a sturdy fall boot that is both fashionable and functional. For all day comfort, look for chunky heels, flexible materials, and rubber soles.
Looking for a quick fall fix? Incorporate autumn into any outfit by including classic fall beauty trends like bold eyebrows, a dark lip, or metallic nails.
4. If you’ve always wanted to try a dark fall lipstick, there’s no time like the present. Whatever shade you choose, look for a moisturizing formula like Estée Lauder Pure Color Crystal in Plum Fizz ($34) to fend off a flaky, dry pout.
5. Nothing says fall like a metallic manicure, and with Joe Fresh’s new slimmer nail polish lid, home manicures are easier than ever (Joe Fresh nail polish in Peacock – $4 each or 3 for $10.00).
6. Get bold brows in the blink of an eye with Benefit Cosmetics’ Gimme Brow ($26), which uses a brush-on fiber gel to build a thick, lush brow.
7. Smart Set Denim Jacket, $55 – Like a good pair of blue jeans, a classic jean jacket goes with almost anything; layer it over a maxi dress for a cool, laid back look.